Welcome to the Circle Woods Homeowners Forum. The purpose of this forum is to allow a free exchange of ideas, comments and opinions from homeowners as to the operation of the Circle Woods community as well as surrounding areas.

Again Welcome

Amended Pool Rules! Please read

A forum for Circle Woods residents to discuss issues important to our community (proposed development, neighborhood watch, etc.)
Reddy2019

Re: Amended Pool Rules! Please read

Post by Reddy2019 »

I agree that it is probably time for the Board to reassess these restrictions and let people enjoy the pool.
MattWarner

Post by MattWarner »

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Anyone out there still find the reservation system is needed for their circumstances?
Matt Warner
Winter Pine Ct
Communications Director, CWHA
hBilliet

Post by hBilliet »

I am in favor of removing the reservation system. Maybe keep a few slots in there for people that think differently and really want it. Just an idea.
JimMaiwurm

Post by JimMaiwurm »

Full disclosure: I'm a (new) board member, I have a child under 12, and I supported the current hybrid reservation system. I still think that was the right call, given the pandemic status earlier in the spring when the board had to make those decisions.

It's appropriate that we revisit the pool rules given that our area has good vaccination numbers and rapidly declining case numbers. We *should* manage the pool to maximize its value to the community, so it makes sense to expand the "open swim" hours now, especially during what would be peak periods. But I don't want to drop the reserved times entirely without giving everyone a chance to weigh in, especially families that have high-risk individuals.

How much advance notice does the pool management company need if we change the reservation system? The next HOA board meeting is Monday, June 28th. If there was a vote then to change the current pool system, could it be implemented for 4th of July weekend?

- - - - - - - - - -
I like data-driven decision making, so FYI, here are current pandemic numbers for Fairfax County:

Vaccinations:
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/no ... ccine/data

Received At Least One Covid-19 Vaccine Done:
73.7% of people 18 and over, or 61.3% of all Fairfax health district residents

Cases:
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronaviru ... -locality/

The current rolling 7-day average for new COVID-19 cases is three (3). There has been a sharp downward trend since May.
MattWarner

Post by MattWarner »

Hi Jim, In response to your question, I think that, if we were to rid of the slot-based system, our pool company could implement that immediately. I will give them a heads up to make sure that that doesn't raise any concerns with them, however.

thanks,
Matt Warner
Winter Pine Ct
Communications Director, CWHA
pilgerc

Post by pilgerc »

We are happy to drop or modify the reservation system based on community need for high risk individuals. We have only made reservations because we had to, not because we needed to. Thanks!
JimMaiwurm

Post by JimMaiwurm »

Thanks, Matt.

Follow-up question:

* Those who want to expand open swim hours, what times would be most useful for you?

* Those who want to keep reserved pool hours, what times do you need available if you're going to keep using reserved slots?
RobertS

Post by RobertS »

I agree that the data show we are in a better place than we were a couple of months ago. However, there is still a pandemic out there, children can’t get vaccinated, autoimmune-compromised people may still have concerns, and new and alarming variants continue popping up.

What if we scaled back the time that can be reserved each day to one or two hours, and left the rest of each day open for free swim? This would keep some measure of compromise in place.
3026hgc

Post by 3026hgc »

I have been using the reserved hours, 2 times a week as the rules. An hour during the week, and an hour during weekend (late morning/early afternoon if available). Since I have a child who is under 12 who can’t get vaccinated, the hybrid model works.

If we change the free swim hours, it is going to have an effect to the reserved time for the residents; who feel safe to use this amenity during the pandemic. I would imagine board probably has another checkpoint to evaluate the change.

Thanks.
caseyfox

Post by caseyfox »

It would be great to have extended open swim hours. Over the weekends whether it's lengthened to 2pm - 8pm or there's a block of open swim in the morning, then sign ups, then more open swim. Either way. During the week maybe open swim from to 4/5pm - 8pm?