Welcome to the Circle Woods Homeowners Forum. The purpose of this forum is to allow a free exchange of ideas, comments and opinions from homeowners as to the operation of the Circle Woods community as well as surrounding areas.

Again Welcome

Trick or treating this year

A forum for Circle Woods residents to discuss issues important to our community (proposed development, neighborhood watch, etc.)
jgianndrea

Trick or treating this year

Post by jgianndrea »

Hi all

Do we have guidelines for trick or treating this year?
JimMaiwurm

Re: Trick or treating this year

Post by JimMaiwurm »

The HOA has not officially taken a position on Trick or Treating this year.

However, the CDC and the Fairfax County health department both say it's okay for kids to trick or treat IF:

* They are wearing an appropriate cloth or medical face mask (plastic costume masks with mouth and nose holes don't count)

* They stay outside

* They stay in small groups, avoiding crowds on doorsteps and in other places.

* Of course, nobody should trick or treat or give out candy if somebody in the family has symptoms.

Detailed guidance at:
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/guid ... oween-2021

So speaking as the parent of a 7 year old, we're participating in trick or treat this year. If everybody is masked, it's safer than school because the kids are outside and moving around. When grown-ups answer the door at our house, we'll be in face masks, and I hope other houses will do the same.

Trick or Treat is usually a GREAT experience in our neighborhood, and we mostly didn't do it last year. I think we can give our children that positive experience this year and be safe if we all take reasonable precautions.

I do ask that if a household chooses not to participate in trick or treat this year, that's completely reasonable, so don't hassle people about it. If the porch light is off, leave that house alone.

Jim Maiwurm
HOA Board Member
Winter Pine Court