Welcome to the Circle Woods Homeowners Forum. The purpose of this forum is to allow a free exchange of ideas, comments and opinions from homeowners as to the operation of the Circle Woods community as well as surrounding areas.

Again Welcome

Trash pickup

This is a forum to post general announcements of interest to the Circle Woods community (events, meetings, get-togethers, etc.). All confirmed announcements will be posted in the 'Calendar of Events', located on the Circle Woods main page (circlewoods.org).
smarish

Trash pickup

Post by smarish »

I've noticed that trash pickup is sometimes spotty. For some reason, they leave bags or boxes behind, while getting other items in the same area. It kinda seems like they are lazy about it. Can someone remind the trash company to tell their guys to please pick up ALL the trash EVERY time?
MattWarner

Re: Trash pickup

Post by MattWarner »

Apologies. I suspect what I posted in the other topic was meant as a response here.

I've been asked to post the following:

Homeowners are encouraged to call American Disposal Services at “the number on their trash cans” or by e-mail at HOA@adsimail.com for any “free” bulk pickup, requests, compliments, or complaints.
Matt Warner
Winter Pine Ct
Communications Director, CWHA
caseyfox

Post by caseyfox »

This has happened to us today and last Friday. It's a bit ridiculous. We're putting it out the night before so it's not a case of missing them in the morning. They take a few bags then leave.
rosenbaj

Post by rosenbaj »

From what I've observed, the trash folks are very good about picking up trash, but only trash. It seems like they have instructions not to pick up bulk (unless pre-arranged with the company), recycling (even on Tuesdays), or yard waste. If they see those items or think the containers have those items, they leave them. Otherwise, they seem pretty good about getting all the trash.
caseyfox

Post by caseyfox »

These are black trash bags, not furniture/boxes/etc. They took one and left the rest. It's not the first time it's happened.
caseyfox

Post by caseyfox »

They took it all this morning thankfully.
MattWarner

Re: Trash pickup: Holiday Schedule

Post by MattWarner »

Hi everyone,

Please be aware that trash pickup times are changing for the Xmas and New Year's Day, which both fall on Friday this year. This is what American Disposal Services websites says:

"Fairfax County Homeowners Association Residents: Scheduled recycling collection for Friday, December 25th and Friday, January 1, 2021 will be provided on Saturday, December 26, 2020 and Saturday, January 2, 2021.

Accounts that have 2X week scheduled trash collection, service will resume on your next regularly scheduled trash collection day. Accounts that have 1X week scheduled trash collection, a make-up day has been scheduled with your community."

In other words, there will not be trash pick up this Friday or next; however, ADS will pick up recycling on the respective Saturdays. See https://americandisposal.com/blog/virgi ... dule-2020/.

Thanks,
Matt
P.S. Thanks to the neighbors who brought this to our attention.
P.P.S. Sorry for the bad news, but hope everyone is able to enjoy the holiday season! Stay safe!
Matt Warner
Winter Pine Ct
cleasach

Post by cleasach »

caseyfox wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm These are black trash bags, not furniture/boxes/etc. They took one and left the rest. It's not the first time it's happened.
We are now on our 4th time of this. They took some of our trash but left 3 bags. Looks like they left 1 at a neighbor’s. I can’t figure out a rhyme or reason. I tried emailing the company, but clearly that had no effect.
Pslivka

Post by Pslivka »

I am posting to this about missed trash pickup today. 3 Black Trash bags were left out front of my house next to the Recycling bins. This is now the 2nd time in 3 weeks that the trash was left out front. Have other homeowners been experiencing missed trash pickups?
MattWarner

Post by MattWarner »

Thanks. We have had ongoing issues and are exploring our options at the moment. In this case, were the bags picked up by the recycling truck?
Matt Warner
Winter Pine Ct